Today my older son, eighteen now, but always a bit young for his age, really wanted to go to the Oriole game. All his friends were busy and the girl he wanted to go had a dad who was saying "no way". So my son offers to take his little brother.....the same little brother that he can't be in a room with for ten minutes lately without bickering. Little brother is ecstatic and begs to go. Big brother says "I'm an adult now. I can handle it." What's a mom to do? I gave it some good, hard thought.....then called Dad to get his take. He agrees it's a good bonding experience so I say okay and off they went. So now, in my very, very quiet house, I am sitting and hoping that they really do bond tonight, that my older son will be mature enough to handle any outbursts without caving to his little brother's level. I am praying that little brother is feeling so proud and priveliged that he is a little angel......that's really a stretch, but...
Comments