A Different Kind of Summer

Tuesday is August first and I am waist deep in homeschool planning, which is nothing new.  I am also planning for three classes that I now teach at a homeschool tutorial so that's a bit different, but the biggest change I would say is that this summer not only am I learning what it's like to be off work for a few months and home again every day, but I also do not have any daycare kids in the house.  I think for just about the first time in almost 30 years I do not have any little people coming to spend the day with us for fun in the sun.  The good thing about that is that there is no alarm clock most days, Dakota sleeps in and I get much more work done.  It's quieter.  The hubby isn't on me for daycare chaos and I don't have to plan activities to keep anyone busy.  The bad thing is also that I don't have to plan activities to keep anyone busy.  Gone for now (until my granddaughters are a bit older) are the "summer camp" days of Koda and his friends doing art classes at Michael's, free movies, craft days at A.C. Moore, themed packets at our table, games outside, a weekly book club.  I so miss those things!  I don't miss the time involved or the bickering or constant need for attention, but I do miss keeping it fun for them and for me.  Now I have a soon to be teenager who is in his room a great deal of the time.  We do park quests now and again, but neither of us like the heat and money has been tight.  So it's been different, both good different and bad different.  I try to go with the flow and I am definitely looking forward to fall.  September is a clean slate and time to begin all over again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career