A Day at the Zoo

Thursday was a day off of work for my daughter and with the gorgeous weather expected and her move to her second trimester of pregnancy (thus no more feeling queasy and sick), we decided this would be a great day to take the kids to visit the zoo.  We got a fairly good start, but hit traffic and construction so we got a late start at the zoo.  The kids were excited to see the animals and the day was really just glorious.  There were alot of school kids there, but there was room for us to see the sea lions, the elephants and best of all, the cheetahs, who darted after two squirrels in their enclosure, proving how incredibly fast they are!

My granddaughter was a crazy ball of beautiful energy and at one point my son was grumpy and tired.  So it goes with kids, I guess.  What I enjoyed best of all, however, was the time with my daughter.  We truly are best friends and it's such a reward to watch this beautiful young woman mother my granddaughter, carry my next grandchild, be a great big sister to my son and then have a conversation with her that is always enlightening and fulfilling.

Last night we had a scrimmage game with our 7-8 Pirates baseball team.  I was thoroughly impressed with our whole team, but wow, my Dakota really stood out.  He made outs, caught a pop up and hit well.  He is holding his body so much more confidently and he is really "getting" it.  I am hoping if this continues that maybe travel ball can be in our future.  It was such a fun experience to travel with sports when Brian David was younger and I am hoping that we can repeat some of that with Dakota in the near future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career