Brotherly Love

Today my older son, eighteen now, but always a bit young for his age, really wanted to go to the Oriole game.  All his friends were busy and the girl he wanted to go had a dad who was saying "no way".  So my son offers to take his little brother.....the same little brother that he can't be in a room with for ten minutes lately without bickering.  Little brother is ecstatic and begs to go.  Big brother says "I'm an adult now.  I can handle it."  What's a mom to do?  I gave it some good, hard thought.....then called Dad to get his take.  He agrees it's a good bonding experience so I say okay and off they went.  So now, in my very, very quiet house, I am sitting and hoping that they really do bond tonight, that my older son will be mature enough to handle any outbursts without caving to his little brother's level.  I am praying that little brother is feeling so proud and priveliged that he is a little angel......that's really a stretch, but one can hope, right?  Stay tuned tomorrow to see how the evening went.  Will the boys make it through nine innings of baseball?  Will one of them lose it on the other?  Will they have fond memories of a wonderful night spent together as brothers or will one or the other (or both) consider the night a disaster, vowing to never do it again.  Only time will tell!!

Comments

Cindy Baublitz said…
They made it all the way through the game and came home with smiles on their faces. I did get one phone call where older son said "this was an experiment....one I won't repeat!", but things seemed to go well enough for them to stay the whole time. I hope they made some awesome memories.
Jane said…
#1 son may say 'I won't repeat it", but if they come home with smiles....then that speaks volumes!! Good for them!!

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, COVID and Career

Last Week

Senior Year