In a funk

Summer is my least favorite of the seasons.  I am a self proclaimed "heat hater" and I thrive on structure and routine, which summer does not have at all.  I find myself unsatisfied.....  What are we going to do that I, personally, am looking forward to?  My guys are going to a Nationals/Orioles game for Father's Day and they are so excited.  I am setting up for Koda's cub scout camp and going to orientation.  Not that I want to go to the game, but I want to be excited.  Next week Koda has camp all week and I have all week at home without him, but no plans of my own.  The following weekend the older son and husband are going on their yearly "man's weekend".  Again, they are so excited!  The little guy and I will be home and he has lego fun, an O's game and Port Discovery.  Again, he is very excited.  I am not.  My sister in law and I are going to lunch.....I love her and I am happy to be in her company....but not really an event (don't misunderstand, Di!)  The following weekend is July 4th and I AM looking forward to my daughter and granddaughter and son in law coming home for three days....but I know I will only see them for several hours and they will go back......maybe for only a few weeks, maybe for two more months.  Sigh.  There is no vacation this year because we used our vacation money to go to NC to see the baby born.  I want something on my calendar that I can count down the days to.  It was going to be July 29 when we were bringing my daughter and granddaughter home to live, but now that date is up in the air AGAIN so nothing to look forward to there.  Busy, yes.  Fulfilled. No.  Not even a little.   Got the winter blahs in the beginning of summer.  I'm all out of whack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, COVID and Career

Last Week

Senior Year