Busy, Busy Wednesday

Today I had three kids here, including my own.  We were in full swing by 8am and after breakfast and a little free play time, they sat down at the table with July 4th summer packets full of word games, coloring pages and other fun activities meant to keep their little brains working through the summer.  After about 30 minutes we popped some popcorn, chose snacks, got our water bottles and headed off to the Hollywood Theater to meet up with friends and see Flushed Away, a free summer flick offering.  Dakota and I had never seen it before and he loved it!  I, however, was less enthused.  It was fun for them, though, and afterward we came home and the kids played outside while I made lunch.  They ate,learned a little from me about why we celebrate July 4th and then spent some more time on their packets and outdoors.  About 1:30 we had craft time outside on the picnic table.  It was a gorgeous day and the craft involved glitter, so there were two pluses there!  We used glue and glitter on black paper to make easy fireworks that they really loved.  Afterward, I put up the bounce house and they had a blast playing there and running all around until about 4:00, when they stopped for popsicles and to wait for the parents to arrive.  I am hoping all days follow our schedule as well and go as smoothly, but I know that will not happen.  I'll be please with today, though, and cross my fingers for tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career