Getting into the swing of summer

Yesterday we got into the swing of things with our summer fun activities that included our friends.  I will babysit at least a few days each week.  Some days I may have four kids, including Dakota, some days any mix of the four, but always to include Dakota :-)  Yesterday we had a field trip to Port Discovery and I had Dakota, his cousin Mariah and his buddy Wyatt.  All of them will be seven really soon.  We arrived at Port Discovery at 9:45 and the kids played near the fountain while our group gathered. We went in at 10 and they spent three hours playing, pretending and discovering.  There was a Tinkertoys exhibit, mystery house, Egyptian "tomb", three story playground, water fun room and more.  They got along great, stayed together and didn't fight the entire time.  After we left we ended up waiting outside for 30 minutes for our ride and I got them an ice cream and they giggled and talked and kept themselves happily busy until we got home.  After lunch they played in Dakota's room, played outside in our play area and made their own visors.  When they went home we celebrated my husband's birthday with dinner, cake and ice cream and then called it a night around 9:30.  Very productive, if I must say so myself.  Today was more calm with little structure.  Dakota spent alot of time playing with his Daddy and I cleaned off my desk, got planning done for tomorrow and went to run some errands.  Two friends again tomorrow means another busy day.  I'm ready!  Bring it on!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career