Relief from the Heat

True to what the weatherman said, Sunday started a new trend of cooler weather.  Dakota's friend Dominic spent the night Sunday night and left around 10:30 Monday morning.  I had hoped to get a lot of work in after that, but my son was not in a very good place.  His focus issues were maximized and he was grumpy and whiny.  We got some schoolwork done, but not nearly as much as I would have liked.  He had a 90 minute EcoAdventure class from 4-5:30 and then with football practice moved to Tuesday this week we got a night in.  Again, a family favorite thing!

Tuesday was cloudy and cool.  Dakota was in a much better mood and we spent the day working hard.  While a pizza was in the oven cooking for lunch I introduced him to the Beatles and their music.  We are doing a unit study of the United Kingdom so this fit perfectly.  He couldn't understand what the big deal was, lol.  After lunch we got a lot done and even made the sensory (colors and smells) playdoh that I needed for my preK class later this week.  Now we are in that short, short two hour period before football.  I'll be working while I am there tonight, which makes the night go by quickly.  Note to self.  Do not drink a large hot coffee and a large iced coffee while working or you will NOT get any sleep that night!!

It's Wednesday morning currently and it's 60 degrees and gorgeous outside.  I am sitting on the deck with my dog and my coffee enjoying 30 minutes of me time before we get in a little school work and then my two sons and I are heading downtown to the Science Center for homeschool days.  It's nice that my older son's class was cancelled and he can spend the day with us.  We are going to see a planetarium show and an IMAX show together, with lunch in between.  Tonight is Dad's night for football so I'll be coming home to get my coupons ready and then heading out to the grocery store to stock up.  We are getting low around here!
          We ended up taking a family night off of football to just relax and get to bed early to catch up.  It's been busy!  Every once in a while you just need to take a mental health break.

Thursday was a cooperative day and we had a good time at classes.  My little ones in PreK did the letter A and apples and we had so much fun!  One of their favorite activities was getting to put fall spices in their fall colored playdoh.  My batch was heavy and wet and had to be thrown away (epic Pinterest FAIL) so my daughter was nice enough to make up a quick batch and bring it in.  The kids loved the sensory aspect of it.  My Thursday challenge is bringing all three of my granddaughters, my daycare baby and my son home after school.  I don't normally watch the baby because she is high strung and cries often, but I want her to feel at home here like the other two because I do plan to keep her with me eventually.  She is sweet and adorable, but babies take so much time and energy.  The good thing is she is now sitting up on her own and can play with her toys.  The bad thing is my daughter forgot to bring formula so there was no bottle and although Katie got food, she didn't get her bottle and by the time mommy came she was furious!!  Thursday night is for football and so we did.  Thank goodness only one more day of the week to go!

Friday saw grumpy, grouchy, not willing to listen kids.  My son wanted to be done before he finished.  The girls fought and were nasty.  I dropped Dakota off at his class at EcoAdventures and let the girls play at a new playground they found after we visited my mom.  One wet her pants.  One threw mulch all over the head of the other.  Lots of screeches and arguments.  Ugh.  Picked up the son and a friend and they were quiet and busy for the rest of the afternoon, but my girls, they didn't get picked up until 6:30 and I was D-O-N-E by then!  My husband got in and suggested we go to our room to watch TV and do our work.  That didn't work well.  We were both fast asleep before 9pm and slept until 9am the next morning.  I guess we really needed that!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, COVID and Career

Senior Year

Last Week