Well What a MONDAY

Today was nothing short of Monday.  It started off bad, didn't get better, but fortunately, I suppose, didn't really get worse.  It's Mondayness just went on and on.

My husband was off work AGAIN (love you, honey) and that always means it's hard to pull myself out from under the covers in the morning.  Since my son, 11 and a terrible sleeper lately, had to have come in my room 5 times last night to tell me he couldn't sleep I was sure when his alarm went off he'd tell me that too.  Nope.  He said you were sleeping so I turned it off and went back to bed.  Ugh.  While it was nice to sleep I had no downtime for planning or coffee and barely time for a shower before the granddaughters came.

Dakota was a bear to get up.  Even more so than usual.  A big, unhappy grizzly bear.  He didn't have any downtime either since we got up late and since I had given him Friday off of homeschooling so he had to make his bed, get dressed and get right to work.  He was grouchy and whiny all day and everything took 5x as long to get done as it should.

Then there were the oldest two granddaughters, 4 and 2.  They burst in the door loud and wild.  The oldest then proceeded to zone out and whine for the next 2 1/2 hours until naptime and the 2 year old was gleeful, adorably rotten all morning.  Finally got them down and gave my son a 1/2 hour break at 12:30 and by the time I switched the laundry and emptied the dishwasher and reloaded it was time to get back to work with him.

He left for EcoAdventures with his dad at 3:30 just as the granddaughters woke up.  So much for a quiet hour to work.  I got them out the door at 4:30 and had a 1/2 hour to work before leaving to go to the bank, get gas (which I had to borrow money from my daughter for because my older son ran my van all weekend and instead of 250 miles until E I had 25!) then get Dakota back from EcoAdventures and over to football.  Traffic on 97 made me late picking him up.  Traffic on 3 made us late to football.  All that late made me late for my meeting with my boss at 6:30.  So now, instead of working, I am watching Ghost Hunters and updating my blog because I'm DONE.  Like a Thanksgiving turkey!  Thank goodness there is only one Monday in a week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career