And you blink...

It's currently February of 2018.  Last I wrote was in August.  Then I blinked and it was Halloween.  And I blinked and it was Thanksgiving.  Half a blink to Christmas.  Blink again, two months into the new year.  Today I am babysitting my three granddaughters and homeschooling my son.  We are having a relaxing morning since my son is finished his homework from his tutorial for the week and watching the first ice skating competition of the 2018 Winter Olympics.  The Olympics are a great learning opportunity for families.  You can take the opportunity to use a map to locate all the countries that are participating.  You can learn about the different sports that are involved.  You can tally the medals won, creating a big wall chart with flags and sticky notes.  I am a little sad because this is the last opportunity I have with my son to make it a part of his lessons.  The next time we have Olympics in two years he will be a high school student.  I'm thinking he is not going to want to sit with me and tally medals and talk about countries.  I hope I am wrong.  I doubt it though.  In the summer of 2020, however, my oldest granddaughter will have just turned 9.  The other two will be 5 and 6.  I am thinking that will be an awesome time to teach them about the Olympics.  Nathan Chen is the 18 year old skater we have already learned about and we are cheering for him today.  We are hoping he will do better than the young men who have skated so far.  They are really struggling in this competition.  I hope he blows them all away!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, COVID and Career

Senior Year

Last Week