Senior Year

 I have known it was coming. I have dreaded it for years. August 9,2023 Dakota started his senior year of football (#54💙) and there is a big countdown clock hanging over my head. I am determined to push it aside and enjoy the coming season and year, adding memories to the ones we have created in youth and high school football with the boys since 1999.   He is excited yet calm, takes care of himself and his things and even bought his own football stuff this year after working his summer job. 

Today we paid for his parking spot and to “chalk it up” for his space the day before school starts. He didn’t want to do it so Kris and the kids and I will do it for him and surprise him. So many things to add to the calendar!  Tomorrow is his first scrimmage. He has to be on the bus at 7am for a 9am start time in LaPlata. Even though we have to be up and out early, these are the times I will miss the most. I love away games for the excitement of a different school, a nice meal after and my favorite, watching those boys get off the bus. I love it. And every year there are seniors, looking like men and leading the way. This time it will be my son, captain of the team, handsome and grown. 

So here is to senior year. May he stay healthy and happy and achieve great things as he move towards playing for college. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career