Park Playdate

This morning we met with another homeschooling family at Downs Park in Lake Shore.  Of course we chose the chilliest day of March, but the boys didn't care.  The three of them, all very physical, rolled and leaped and jumped and wrestled their way through the first hour.  Then we walked through the paths near the water and Dakota begged me to let him take off his shoes and socks to play in the sand.  I thought it was a bad idea, but the other boys did so I agreed, knowing it wouldn't end well.  Fifteen minutes later Dakota was crying because his hands and feet were cold, sandy and numb.  I had to bite my tongue not to say "I told you so!"

Fast food for lunch, pjs by 1:30 and a night spent at home reading, watching tv and doing a whole lot of nothing. I am pathetic because I am way too excited about the prospect!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career