Happy Birthday, Daddy

Today would have been my father's 84th birthday.  What I wouldn't give to be able to visit my childhood home and find him on the corner seat of the couch watching All in the Family or Star Trek and see his smile, watch his very blue eyes twinkle and give him a big hug.  He was a vibrant, fun loving man who was crazy about his daughters and his grandchildren.  He made some mistakes in his life, but he was learning from them as he got older.  He loved the fire department.  He loved bowling.  He had so many friends!  He was Lou Boeh!! and sometimes he was larger than life.  He was a good time.  He lit up a room.

Sigh.  I want to write about alot of memories I have of him.  I want them to be here for my children to see because my girls were young and I am sure some of their memories have grown fuzzy and my sons and my grnaddaughter have no memories of him to cherish at all, but I don't have the time right now to add them.  I know that I could spend hours reminiscing.  How I loved that man and how I could use a hug and the chance to snuggle up to him and be Daddy's little girl for a few minutes.. or hours!  I resolve to do that, on this eve's eve of the new year.  I will write a memoir of my dad for my children.  I will put in print my memories of the man he was.  Maybe I will even start that memoir of my own I have wanted to for years.  I have so many memories, so many things I don't want to forget.  Time....my friend and my enemy.

So Happy Birthday, Daddy.  I hope your day in heaven is full of John Wayne, Star Trek, bowling alleys and good friends who have gone on with you.  I love you so much and I hear your voice and your laugh and feel your love every single day.  I miss you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career