Low on Motivation

Today is a dreary, cold, rainy Friday and Dakota and I are just not feeling alot of schoolwork.  I am right there with him in the "I'm tired and feeling lazy" vibe so currently he is reading his Magic School Bus Dinosaur Detective chapter book and I am on the computer.  He has only painted a wreath and watched a Magic School Bus holiday video so far. Natalie just went down for her "long winter's nap" lol.  It's blessedly quiet save the thrum of the dishwasher going in the background.

Yesterday we got in alot of work.  He did all his morning prep work, we made a dino fossil out of plaster of paris from his MSB kit and read about Tyrannosaurus Rex.  We worked on a dino packet and some history worksheets, got in some math, wrote a letter to Santa, read a Christmas book and some other things.  I think today I am going to be a couch potato with him and start the weekend early.  Our house is decorated inside with lots of fiber optic trees and snowmen, Winnie the Pooh waving the same candle that he has for sixteen Christmases past and various knicknacks, wall hangings, bells and mistletoe.  I think I will light a few candles, make an early lunch, pop some brownies in the oven to celebrate tomorrow's National Brownie Day and pretend to be exhausted from the hard work I put in :-)  Now we will just wait for Brian David and Daddy to come home and live happily every after.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career