A Very Busy Couple of Days

Friday started out a very busy couple of days.  We had our annual field trip to the Anne Arundel County Fair Kids Day and enjoyed time with my granddaughter, Natalie and some homeschooling friends. Dakota, Natalie and friends enjoyed seeing the livestock, watching the pig and duck races and riding the rides.  I particularly enjoyed my granddaughter this year.  She was so much fun and really loved every minute.  She would say "Run, piggy, run!!" and when they ran back into the trailer after a race she would say "Oh no!  What wrong?".  Way too cute!  She and Dakota and I rode the merry go round at least four times.  She was terrified and clung tight, but loved it, asking for "more horsey!" each time it was over.  I got her a Dora blow up toy and we had lemonade and snacks and Dakota got to ride with his girlfriend and her sisters too.  It was over by noon, which really wasn't an issue for me at all.

Another exciting event this Friday was the news that the doctor would break my daughter's water on Friday, which would hopefully throw her into labor on her own and if not, he would induce the following Friday.  So baby Becca will be here very, very soon!  It's so exciting to think of a whole new little life being introduced into our family and I will have the honor of watching her come into the world, as I did her sister, holding my daughter's hand and crying.  How blessed I am to have two daughter, two sons and two granddaughters to love!

Saturday saw us heading to Edgewater for Dakota's noon football game.  He played very, very well, including helping on a tackle, and again we won, 25-0.  Our team is awesome this year and I am really enjoying having a friendship with the parents.

I had some plans for going through Natalie's baby things to get them ready for Rebecca that afternoon, but Dakota decided he wanted to try to learn to ride his new bike.  I took him up to the ballpark and we tried...and tried....and tried.  Epic fail.  He is NOT a natural at bike riding!  That evening after a late dinner, he and I watched Parental Guidance together again.  It's such a heartwarming moving and funny too, so we both enjoy it.

Sunday we had a slow morning, but since Dad and Brian were going to the Ravens game and MomMom is in Georgia, Dakota had to join me grocery shopping.  To make the idea more palatable, I let him spend his birthday money at Toys R Us and he got to buy two Lego Star Wars kits.  We went to ShopRite and I did really well with coupons and sales, especially considering I did not have a list or a circular.  I saved $39 in coupons alone and total savings with all the sales, specials and coupons combined was $143 and change.  I spent $240.  That's pretty darned good!  I also got back $7 in coupons good on my next order and a 10% off coupon on my receipt for my next entire order!!  Woo Hoo!!  Major score!

Watching the Ravens game currently and getting ready to really go through my granddaughter's baby stuff this time.  I have lots of errands, work and planning yet to do today as tomorrow it's back to daycare, football practice and homeschooling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career