Just Another Day

There wasn't too much today to make it special, but it was an average, ordinary Monday.  I got my granddaughters and both daycare girls, took one to school and got the other three girls and my son fed breakfast and settled.  Dakota got started with a story he wanted to create on the computer.   It's a Mine Craft story and he spent almost an hour typing it and I would go over and help him edit it occasionally, correcting his punctuation and grammar.

After doing his morning work folder and daily prep book, he helped me by making a sample snowman puppet for the girls' craft and then got his math started while I read them their story and we created their craft.  They were in a good mood and willing to do a bit more, so Dakota and I took turns singing with them and doing fingerplays.

While the girls had lunch, Dakota took his spelling pre-test and then headed off for his own lunch break, which lasted quite some time.  By the time I pulled him back, he had been "at lunch" for 90 minutes!  We read I Survived:  Gettysburg from our Kindles first.  We were supposed to read two or three chapters, but ended up reading six.  These books are so well written and they pull the reader in, wanting to know what happens to the young person in the story next.

We read about gladiators again today, carrying on our Story of the World chapter from Friday when we watched a few gladiator videos.  Dakota listened while I read and then answered his comprehension questions and did the simple mapping activity.  For Science, we put in the How It's Made:  Sports DVD again and watched a few more segments before Dad came home and we decided we were finished for the day.

It was a pretty day out...sunny and warmer than it's been in awhile.  I got both toddlers and my infant granddaughter into the double stroller (with my oldest granddaughter riding astride the top!), my son took one dog, I took the other and my husband pushed the stroller with the girls.  We must have been quite the sight!  We walked down through the park to the playground and my husband and I played with the kids, all getting wet bottoms from the slides.  Everyone had fun and I got some great pictures before we piled everyone back in and headed home.  By the time we got in it was time for dinner and basketball and now, after working for a bit while Dakota and Dad watched American Ninja Warriors, I am more than ready for bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career