Summer 2015

This week Dakota and I are "off".  No required math or reading.  No fun work packets.  No field trips.  Just home and doing our things.  For him that means sleeping in, staying up late and more video games than I am comfortable with.  For me that means one less thing to squeeze in the day, but also the chance to get ready for our summer fun days, filled with friends, field trips, movies, library activities, picnic lunches, long weekends away.  I am do not have my grandchildren on Tuesdays and Thursdays so those are the days I know I can do "big kid" things with my son and his friends or go on trips and not have to take more than 1 little one.  We will go almost every Tuesday to the Hollywood theater in Arbutus to see the free movie there and then have lunch out or a picnic, depending on the heat and then I will either take the kids to the Arbutus library or the Lansdowne library where they have daily activities for kids their age.  My "tweens" have outgrown the Michael's art classes and while I am sad because I enjoyed the chance to shop while they had art, my wallet will appreciate it!  We will have weekly packets and weekly themes, the first being poetry.  Shel Silverstein books will play a roll as well as writing some fun ones together.  I am always proud of my summers.  The kids that come to my house look forward to the planned fun and I enjoy their company for several weeks, knowing they are getting older and my summers with this particular group are reaching an end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career