Happy New Year!

2016 has arrived.  I can't say I am glad 2015 is gone because all in all it was a good year for me. minus the cellulitis my granddaughter was hospitalized for late in the year and a few other odds and ends.  I am looking forward to this new year, but my resolutions are not anything outlandish.  I just want to continue what I am doing, getting better at everything I am trying, making good decisions, being a better wife, mom, nana, friend etc.  I have three of my three kids living at home right now.  One has returned to get herself together and get some medical attention she has needed for a long time.  One who is graduating college and hoping to move onward and upward in the upcoming months.  I try to not to think about that.  He deserves his life, but he's always been such a huge part of mine and I had always dreamed he would work nearby so that he could continue to be a part of vacations and football Sundays and family outings.  I know he needs wings to fly and that I have already given him very strong roots to grow.  I just hope that where ever his career takes him, it brings him back.  Life is too short to have any of my kids away.  I don't know how people manage that only see their kids once in awhile.  They must be built of a different fiber than me.  I always wanted mine close by, but I know that it's no longer my choice.  

Okay, moving on.  See, I said I can't dwell on that!  New Year's Eve was uneventful, too much so.  I felt like we were old fuddy duddy people and in 2016 I want to have some sort of plan in place to have more fun.  We enjoyed doing nothing yesterday.  It's been something we have done A LOT of in the past month, but something we do very little of 9 months of the year.  I am looking forward to winter coming, though I don't voice it because my husband hates it.  December was 70 degrees....what the heck was that about?  I am ready for a snowstorm and the fire place on and everything warm and cozy inside.

Today, January 2nd, I did some cleaning, some TV watching and Dakota and I took the two big dogs and the new puppy, Lacie, for a walk.  It's only been a week since we have had three dogs adn it has been some work, but I think it's all going to work out very well.  The dogs still circle round one another some and I think it may be easier if the puppy wasn't so small compared to the ginormous size of the other two dogs, but  they don't hate one another and actually they would like to play together, but one bark or jump by Riley scares the puppy into hiding and yelping.  When he barks it literally knocks the puppy over!  It will all come together though.  Now the cat....he hates the puppy lol.  Hate, hate, hate.  Loathe entirely!  But eventually they will get tired of making noises at one another.  

The guys and I had a nice dinner at Ruby Tuesday tonight and I am enjoying a quiet night watching Disappeared on TV while Dakota hangs out in his room and my Brians went to the Towson basketball game.  Tomorrow I need to get the playroom in order and ready for the girls this week and get lessons ready for them and for Dakota.  I am looking forward to getting a schedule back because being off makes me lazy, but lazy isn't always a bad thing!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career