Wow! What a Week!!



Today is Monday, Labor Day, and I can't believe that I started our homeschooling year last Tuesday and haven't even been on to post!  Not only is my son now an official first grader, but he is also a very proud seven year old!  It has been eventful, to say the least!

On Tuesday we started our homeschooling year.  We had a wonderful morning, working at our table on the deck outside in perfect weather while my little granddaughter slept the morning away in her room.  We got in all the important subjects and then some and had fun in the process.  Tuesday evening the 7/8 Rockies played the Red Sox and Dakota had a great game.  He played alot of second and third base for his fall ball team and I think he shows alot of promise.  Baseball is definitely a good fit for him and he has a strong arm and good fundamental knowledge.  I wonder if we will be able to take the same exciting path with him that we did with his brother, traveling with our metro team to places like Minnesota, Florida and South Carolina.  One can only hope, because they were very good days, indeed.

Wednesday was not so good.  I didn't get my work done Tuesday night for my transcription job so I had to keep putting Dakota off when he was ready to start school.  He was frustrated.  I was frustrated and it took twice as long to get my work done.  Lesson learned there.  I will work on the weekends and at night!  My daughter came in from Tennessee early in the morning and it was nice to see her, although I wish her adventure in Tennessee was a little more productive.  Right now she hasn't found a job and her money is running out.  I'm hoping this coming week is better for her.  Both Tuesday and Wednesday night we had my older daughter's family for dinner.  They lost power after the storm on Sunday and didn't get it back until Thursday night.  We had a huge family dinner Wednesday, nine of us!, and there was little room to breathe, but it was still nice to have them all under the same roof.

Friday night the guys had football practice and I took my little son to MomMom's for the evening so I could get his birthday shopping done.  I took my granddaughter with me for awhile and she was a little angel, cooing at me and riding along, pleasant as could be, while we picked out transformers, superheroes, wrestling men and video games for her Uncle D.  I stopped by my older son's practice to pick him up and ended up waiting for over an hour, but I wasn't terribly stressed.  After all, this won't be happening for much longer.  I enjoyed watching him play on the field, his movements and the way he carries himself so very familiar to me.  I've been watching this boy play for thirteen years and I never tire of watching him.  He is beautiful to me, both inside and out, and my heart swells with love and pride each and every time I see him.  On the way home we stopped and got little brother some birthday balloons and pirate gear for his big day and then picked him up and took him home.

Saturday was the big day!  Dakota Matthew is seven years old!  He was beside himself with excitement and was up at 6:50 asking to open his gifts.  He opened them at lightning speed and then I spent the next hour making his Bumblebee transformer into a car.  Afterwards it was showers and out the door for Brian David's senior year debut with Spalding as they opened their season playing the Frederick Douglas Eagles.  It was a good game, with Spalding coming out on top 21-8.  We followed up by meeting Kris, Brian and the baby at Texas Roadhouse for a birthday celebration dinner in the little man's honor.  Four very tired people trudged home around 7:30 and a quiet night with early bedtimes got us ready for our bigger day on Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career