Our only day home this week

Today we got a late start to schoolwork because I got caught up in trying to rearrange the playroom, soon to be Natalie's nursery only, and Dakota's room.  We got going about 10:30 and got in our ladybug packet and our work on Delaware.  I have lots of fun books and coloring books for the states and I am looking forward to sharing them all with Koda.  We got a call from our friends who were going to be in the are and, in true homeschool form, changed the schedule and had an impromptu playdate.  I got to chat with my girlfriend and Koda and his buddy got to play for a good 90 minutes before they left and we resumed our work.  We didn't have long before we had to take Brian to get his truck, so we squeezed in a little language arts basics and then I hooked up Dakota's car movie player and he watched a Rock N Learn Spanish DVD.  Rock and Learn videos are awesome.  They are fun and interesting and have always been a favorite for us.  When we got back, we did The Grasshopper and the Ant fable and the paperwork that went along with it and then played a game of Yahtzee for math.  I wanted to get in a few formal pages, but I had just pushed to the end of his limits and I knew it wouldn't go well.  We had baseball this evening, but just when we were going to head out, the wind blew up and the rain started so we put on pjs instead and enjoyed a night inside.  The temperature has dropped about 20 degrees already and our outing to the fair will probably be a chilly one tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career