Friday nearly did me in!!

Friday was the last day in the craziest of September weeks.  I had to be out the door, supposedly, at 8:20 for a field trip, but at 8:15 I still had a friend, my daughter, my husband and the two little ones in the living room.  We got a late start to the Anne Arundel County Fair Children's Day, but by divine intervention we made it there on time.  I only had one family do a "no call/no show", which is better than most times, and my sister, great nephew, Dakota, Natalie and I began our day.  There were the usual displays and animals and a new treat, a camel ride, that the boys really enjoyed.  We got to the pig and duck races just in time to see them and Dakota got picked as the "cheerleader" for the duck race, which made him happy.  I love spending time with my sister, so it was a real treat.  We got lunch and watched a police dog demonstration and then headed over to the rides.  My sister said that she would meet me at the rides after taking her grandson to see the cows, but she didn't make it back in time for the ferris wheel, so Natalie took her first ride, although she slept through it all lol.  Right after that I seemed to hit the proverbial brick wall and I was DONE!  I know I was grumpy and I just wanted to leave, but Dakota wanted to ride a few more rides and play a few games and Natalie was sleeping at last, so we stayed an additional hour.  When it was time to unload the stroller, however, I got even more overdone.  There was stuff everywhere and I just didn't want to deal with it.  By the time I got home I was a huge grump and, of course, my daughter was here trying to help, but I didn't want anyone to even breathe in my space.  Natalie was awake AGAIN and I fed her, but she just wasn't having any of playing on her own or being put down.  I ended up having to run to the bank and by the time I got back Natalie was ready to begin an hour of all out anger/temper cries and I was losing it.  Just about 4:30 I received a visit from an angel in disguise.  A young mother friend of mine stopped by to pay for tickets to a show I am running and I talked her into coming in.  She ended up chatting with me and putting natalie to sleep and by the time she left I felt some semblance of calm.  Of course, Natalie was up 10 minutes after she left, but her mommy was almost here by then. 

After my older daughter took the baby home, I lounged in the chair, surfing through channels.  About 8:15 I finally felt together enough to start my work and I put on one of my favorite movies and actually enjoyed my night.  My husband came home and bought us late night subs, well late night for us at 10:00, and we finished my movie and went to bed.  This morning I feel much more human and ready to face the day.  I guess there are just some days that get the best of you and yesterday was definitely one of them!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career