Normal is what I aim for!

Today was a nice, normal day.  My granddaughter came in and played and did her thing until 9:30 and by 10am Dakota and I had started our homeschooling day.  We read some, did some assignments and then had fun with our Adam and Eve religion lesson where we made a chain loop serpent to depict the "sneaky snake" in our story.  I am surprised by how excited he is to write in his Super Sentence book.  He doesn't like to write normally, but coming up with the details and the who, what, where and when of things for a good sentence seems to be something he takes pride in.  We have changed up our math, but it is too easy so we are changing to Harcourt and then eventually, after a thorough review, we will return to Saxon 2.  We found a great new spelling site that Koda thinks is lots of fun.  Visit at http://www.spellingcity.com/ and put in your own spelling list and your child can test, play games and hear his words and sentences to put them in context. 
Sometimes I doubt myself.  I wonder if I make schooling interesting enough.  He is a much tougher customer than my older son.  He has boundless energy and a quick turn off switch if you can't keep him interested.  Brian always loved to learn anything and everything.  He found it all interesting.  Dakota...sometimes I feel like he wants to say "what the heck does that have to do with anything???" :-)
Today, after working very hard on my part to keep him on task, he came out to the livingroom and told me how much he loves winter.....Winter?  Yes, because we can stay home together and do fun things and just enjoy being home.  This boy, who gets bored in a New York minute, really DOES love to be home doing fun things and just hang out.  He might need more stimulus than his brother, but his heart is tied to his homestrings just the same.  Thank God!

Tonight has gone very quickly.  My daughter picked up the baby, but she's coming back to watch football with her Daddy and spend the night.  Their apartment flooded today and everything is wet and nasty so she and the baby will be spending the night.  I like knowing that when things are uncomfortable, she knows she can come home.  Not that I want her to live here...I want her to have a nice home where she feels safe and comfortable...but to feel that home...the place where she grew up...is a refuge when she needs one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career