Crazy Dayze

Today we all got up early and my husband and older son left at 7am to go to the team breakfast before the big football game, the Patriot Classic, at Navy Stadium.  My oldest and her husband and baby and my mother in law all met here and with Dakota and I, we squeezed into my car and off we went.  We had to travel about 40 minutes into Annapolis and we had just arrived when my son called frantic because they all needed their red jerseys and I had to go home and get it.  We turned around, headed for home, got the jersey and headed back and got to our seats just in time to see the boys run through the tunnel to start the game.  It was a nice day for the game, thank goodness, because it took all of three hours.  Our Spalding Cavaliers beat the Potomac Wolverines 15-12 in a down-to-the-wire match.

 


The next game was starting immediately so we couldn't go onto the field to see the players or coaches.  We all piled back into the car, after a last minute bathroom emergency, and headed to Spalding to wait for the bus.  When we arrived there we got a phone call that the bus hadn't even left Annapolis so we went to Burger King to grab a bite to eat.  My son called to let me know the boys had left the bus because they had been on it for 45 minutes and the driver had left.  Finally, about 90 minutes after the end of the game, they finally headed home, only to be stuck temporarily in the mud!  We finally made it back home around 3:20, tired and weary.  My daughter hung out here and when the baby woke up we played with her.  She is learning to play repeating games with us and she's so much fun.  Tonight she will have her first sleepover with Nana and Poppy.  I hope she sleeps through the night!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career