Spring Break!

We had a very busy, very fun spring break week!  Monday started the week with Dakota having a friend over for the day.  The boys got along great and I took them both to the park before dinner to enjoy the nice day.  Tuesday was even warmer, with gorgeous skies.  My sister brought her granddaughter and grandson over and the four little ones played so well outside.  Natalie stayed in her play yard without a fuss and the three older ones jumped in the bounce house and ran and ran and ran.  We ordered pizza and ate at the picnic table in the yard.  Around 2, we took them all inside, put the baby to bed and let the other three watch a movie.  I love spending time with my sister.  She is someone with whom I would always choose to spend time, and I am madly in love with my great niece and nephew.  They are so sweet and honestly two of the most beautiful kids I have ever seen.








Wednesday I hosted an Easter egg hunt and picnic at Lake Waterford in Pasadena.  I got a great turnout and I really enjoyed the fact that we had so many family members there.  Kris came with Natalie, I had Koda with me.  Keri came and brought a friend's children.  My mother in law was there, as well as my cousins and their children.  Then we had lots of friends and homeschool acquaintances.  The kids had a blast and the weather was, again, beautiful.  Later that evening we tried out my new toy, an outdoor movie projector.  Dakota, Brian and I watched the Replacements sitting in our lawn chairs with a fire in the firepit.  LOVED it!!








Thursday was my day completely off, with no babysitting and no obligations.  My friend, Leigh, brought her granddaughter over for a few hours and we put up the bounce house again.  Koda and Olivia jumped for about 2 hours and it gave my friend and I time to chat and catch up.

Friday was a fun day!  My older son got to go to his first day on the job working for the Baltimore Oriole's and my husband, Dakota and I got tickets to the game and had such a nice time.  We got there early to take in the ambiance.  We got to see our son in his uniform and snap some pictures.  I am such a proud momma!! Nolan Reimold threw a ball to my husband to give to Dakota during batting practice.  Koda was so thrilled!  We had lunch sitting in the open area and then went up to our seats for the opening ceremony.  Dakota learned how to keep score and this kept him very focused.  I was focused on watching my son perform and my husband was focused on the game!  It was a good one, with lots of action and we cheered them on to a victory.  Afterward, we met our older son and we all went to Hooters for dinner, sitting at a table outside and watching a gorgeous golden moon rise over the harbor.










Saturday we went shopping for some items for the yard and got Dakota a trampoline.  I spent the day cleaning and prepping for Easter.  The guys had little league practice and then we all watched the O's game, looking for a glimpse of our son on tv.  It's silly, I know, but we are so proud of him and so happy for him.  This is a dream job and no one deserves it more.

Easter Sunday was also my mother's 80th birthday.  Dakota found his eggs when he woke up, but it was pretty low key.  Kris and her family joined us for breakfast and then we had a little down time before we had to get ready to go to my mom's house.  We picked up Keri and then went to Annapolis to sped a few hours with my mom, stepdad and my niece and her family, catching up and fussing over Natalie, who was exquisite in her little white princess dress.  She was the center of attention and I got some great pictures.  When we got home, big Brian put together Koda's trampoline and I visited with my mother in law and sister in law.  When they left Brian was finishing up and then Dakota and I spent about 30 minutes jumping and sitting on the trampoline as dusk fell.








Today my husband spent all day outside working on the play area and the back yard.  It always looks so nice when he does this.  Dakota and his buddies jumped in the trampoline all day, literally.  Kris and Natalie and I were indoors, doing our girl thing.  I can't believe that the week is really over, though.  I don't want it to end!  It's been so nice not to have the pressure of schooling, daycare or a tight schedule.  I loved having everyone come to me, catching up with family and friends in a relaxed way.

Tomorrow, unfortunately, it's back to the race.  Put a quarter in the merry go round, because here we go again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career