Last full day before Thanksgiving!

Today was to be our last full day of lessons before we move on to half days and holidays this November.  I was running behind in my morning chores and preparation so I told Dakota to "be creative", something he is very proud to be!  He got his camera and some of his wrestling men, put on some wrestling themed music and made a slide show and video of a wrestling match.  This may not seem particularly educational, but it is surely creative and the video making and music add ins certainly qualify for creative credit for the day.

I got Dakota started with his daily prep work about 10:45, which gives me an additional 30 to 45 minutes to get things done while he works on charts, language arts activities, a BrainPop Jr. video of the week, his journal and cursive handwriting practice.  I love this time when he is independent of me, but working hard and getting himself in the right frame of mind for the day.  Next we did math, which I find is a tension filled time lately because my lazy boy is doing harder math and, while he CAN do it, he hates that all of a sudden he really has to concentrate and focus on this.  He then moved on to reading two chapters of his Ninjago book and then came back after lunch we did our third Christmas Across the USA state, which was Maine.  These are simple, but he loves them and I add the geography/mapping page on to each to make it a little bit meatier for his curriculum.  We wrapped up the day by combining what he's been learning in religion at Sunday School and our ancient Egypt topic in history by watching Prince of Egypt, or at least part of it until I froze it by accident and couldn't get it going again.  Tonight I need to finish packing for our trip tomorrow and run to Walmart or ShopRite to grab a few things we are going to need.  I am really looking forward to camping with my three guys.  Can't decide if we should take the dogs or not.....It would be fun there, but the truck ride up might be a little chaotic!  Nope, already changed my mind :-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career