Mommy/Son Weekend

This weekend my little son and I had the house to ourselves since my husband and older son went to Boston for the Ravens-Patriots game.  I got my necessary grocery shopping out of the way early Saturday and then I took him to his first wrestling scrimmage at Chesapeake High School.  It was a long afternoon and it's a sport I definitely do not like, but it was fun to cheer for him (for the total of about 5 minutes he wrestled).  We didn't get out of there until after 5:00 and wanted to have a nice dinner at Texas Roadhouse, but since that was too crowded, we ended up at Bob Evans.  This was definitely a downgrade in the quality of food, but it was a good meal and he and I enjoyed each other's company.

After dinner, we headed home, got his bath and I got on pajamas and under the covers we went with our kindles, some books, my laptop and the remote.  There we spent the next fourteen hours!! enjoying doing a whole lot of nothing (and sleeping, of course) and didn't get moving until 10:30 this morning.  We have spent a quiet day here at the house and now we are getting ready to head to my brother in law's for a Ravens party.

I love when I get Dakota to myself.  He is calm, quiet and playful.  Very, very little attitude.  Lots of snuggles.  We have had a wonderful weekend together, but we both miss the men in our life and we'll be glad when they get back home tomorrow with lots of details about their weekend adventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career