The Week In Review

This week was bitterly cold outside, but we spent alot of toasty warm time indoors.  Monday was a day off for all of us, then Tuesday we did a regular homeschool day, spending alot of time reading under the blankets and drinking hot chocolate and eating soup for lunch.  Wednesday was co-op, so out we went, learning about Brahms and Picasso, but we were quick to return, get in comfy clothes and stay indoors for the afternoon.  Thursday saw a productive morning, but we slowly lost focus and turned to Rock N Learn videos to finish.  Dakota loves Rock N Learn and we did Division Rap and The Five Senses in Depth off the Human Body science one.  I couldn't get out of my own way after having my three girls over for a spaghetti dinner, but managed to drag my self out to Dakota's basketball game...a serious lesson in patience!  The kids on the other team didn't seem to know which basket to shoot at, how to stay inbounds or anything else about basketball for that matter.  Basketball is Dakota's best sport and he played well, but it was a looooong hour and we won...4-2. That's a whole three baskets in an hour!  We all couldn't wait to get home to get into pjs and under the covers.  Can you tell we are a family who doesn't like the cold?

Today is a half day of school for us because of swimming.  I let Dakota sleep in and this morning we will get our history, a math video from SchoolHouse Rock and a science experiment from our MSB kit in before heading out into the pre-snow afternoon to hopefully get to swimming and back before the flakes start falling.  I am counting on a quiet night indoors spent in pjs (yet again!), watching DVR'd shows and movies with all my guys.  Brian David moves back into college tomorrow and while I will sometimes enjoy the quiet, I have gotten used to him being around again and it's going to be an adjustment having him away all week again.  Thank goodness he is around most weekends.  I don't know how I would manage if he was farther away and gone for months at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, COVID and Career

Senior Year

Last Week