When Life Throws You a Curve

This has been a very trying week here at our house.  My husband hurt his back on Sunday and he's been immobile since then, in too much pain to get to the doctor before Wednesday, when we found out he has a herniated disc.  Thankfully we were able to get him on stronger pain medication and muscle relaxers to decrease his discomfort, but the healing has to take time and it's very difficult to see my strong, active husband down and out.

Our homeschooling has taken a hit this week too, but I know that these are the reasons we homeschool...so that when a family crisis arises, we are able to be there for the ones we love.  We have gotten in some reading and math every day except today, a science experiment, history and language arts Tuesday and yesterday and on Wednesday he had art and music appreciation and activities at co-op.  That will have to do. Today we are caring for a friend's children while she has a medical procedure.  Again, being here for friends is high on the list of why we do what we do.

I am beginning to feel the stress of my husband's pain today.  I wish I could wave my magic wand and heal him.  I am just hoping that he steadily improves every day and that next week at this time he is back on his feet and being his normal, agitating self.  Until then, I will be here for him and take care of him in any way I can.  I am hoping for a smooth homeschooling week next week, but I guess time will tell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career