Going to Disney!!

Disney World....there is just no place better to be if you ask me.  It's a place that can bring me to tears when I arrive and take that first walk down Main Street.  I went when I was 10.  Took my three older kids in 1995, again around 2000 and again in 2005, when baby Dakota was only 10 months old.  February was perfect for the lack of crowds, May was hot, but beautiful and great for swimming and July....never again. Every five years.  I lived for it.  I dreamed of it.  I couldn't even watch the commercials in TV because I wanted to go back so bad it made my heart ache.  Literally.

Eight year old Dakota has been begging to go to Disney.  He doesn't remember ever going, considering he was only 10 months old when he did.  It has been 8 years since we were there....and I couldn't even really discuss it.  My husband is done with Disney...says he's been there three times and he has no need to go back...but he has realized recently, with the Ravens going to the playoffs and Super Bowl I think, how our feelings compare to his when it's a dream and a passion.  No matter how many times I have been, I want to go more.  I am almost 50.  I want to go as many times as I can while I am able to.  It never gets old for me.  I want to show everything to Dakota and in two years, I want to show everything to my granddaughter, who will be four by that time.  Children are my passion to, especially my own, and I can think of nothing better than sharing Disney World with them.

So this April, Dakota and I are going.  My husband and older son went to New England for the playoffs and Dakota and I are going to Disney.  43 more days :-).  I can think of little else.  I am reading up on everything, seeing what's new and the best way to get the most from every minute.  I will be a Disney expert when I arrive and I plan to capture each moment in my memory, storing it away for those long months in between visits when my heart will be at Disney, but my body will be in Maryland.

43 days.  Wow!  Can't wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career