Keeping it All Together

It is still incredibly busy around here, but I am trying to stay close to home to give myself a center from which to revolve. My computer is still down as far as wireless internet, so I am tethered to a small area with an ethernet cord, but at least I have it.  My mom had surgery yesterday and, because she is 81, I was pretty worried.  She is in excellent health, however, and breezed through it and is home already.

 We are in our last week of regular football practice before the playoffs, so that has stayed the same.  I have cut back a bit on homeschooling activities outside the house except for every other week Mine Craft Club at the library and our weekly Co-op.  Our pumpkin farm trip had to be cancelled due to lack of interest, but since we have been going every year and Dakota has pretty much outgrown this one anyway, he wasn't upset.  He has two big pumpkins already and that seems to be all he really needs.

Monday and Tuesday were good school days.   Tuesday we continued on with our books that we have been reading (The Witches and MTH Night of the Magicians), finishing the latter today.  We are continuing a slow go through ancient Greece in History and we have been working on his big study sheet for his Greek Mythology class he has at the cooperative.  Math is plugging along, as is spelling, and we finished our Matter unit in Science, beginning a new one on Energy on Friday of this week.  We started using www.brainpop.com for Health, beginning work on a Genetics, Growth and Development unit. We started with Fetal Development.  It's a little challenging, but it's a good overall introduction to the topic.

We always have our Time For Kids and National Geographic For Kids to balance things out and add some Social Studies to our week.  We need to get more music in, but we have been listening to fun Halloween music and watching music videos.  For Art yesterday, we made the newly popular milk jug ghosts and they turned out really cute.  They were easy and look fun out in the front of the house.

So today, Wednesday, is one of my favorites because for the most part (and every other week) I don't have to leave the house.  After Mine Craft Club, which is 5 minutes away and gives me an hour of quiet library time while Dakota is in the club room, I can watch my shows, work on things here for school, declutter or do my PCA work.  I never look forward to Thursdays because of co-op, which is terrible, because I love it there.  I am just a hermit in training and would never leave the house if I didn't have to, especially this time of year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career