Add One and Stir

Today we added a new friend to the mix. Brooke joined us for daycare and she is six months younger than my oldest granddaughter.  We took my before/after care child to school and then when the granddaughters arrived we took 45 minutes to feed and settle everyone before starting our day.  It was really, really nice outside, so while Dakota did his morning work I let them go out on the deck after sweeping off most of the wet leaves.  Dakota and I did our math and spelling out on the deck....probably for the last time before April.  That's a sad thought.

When it was reading time and Koda went inside to read Mr. Popper's Penguin for our book club, I read Curious George and the Dinosaur Tracks to the girls and then we used magnifying glasses and followed our own dino tracks out to the picnic table on the deck and got to make their own dinosaur tracks by pressing their toy dinosaur feet into Play Doh. Dakota and I were able to get our language arts done and he read a short factual book on the Titanic during that time and his BrainPop then we fed the girls, popped them in for a nap and took our lunch break.

After lunch, while it was quiet, Dakota and I read the first three chapters of Tonight on the Titanic, by Mary Pope Osbourne and did our comprehension questions with that.  We watch a genetics video on BrainPop and he took the quiz to continue with our human development unit in Health.  He did the review questions he knew from memory for his Greek Myth class and watched a History.com fun video and then for History we took a fun turn and he got to play a computer game called Warrior featuring Alexander the Great, as well as a Kindle game about the Titanic.

As soon as the girls left and I had gotten my husband dinner, Dakota and and I ran out to Dick's Sporting Goods and got him some cool new LeBron tennis shoes and then headed to his first 9U County team practice for basketball at Harundale.  His coach is a young man I knew when my older son played baseball and basketball for Harundale and whom I haven't seen since he was Dakota's age!  My son did very well, learning some great pointers and skills as he advances to a whole new level in the sport.  I enjoy this season very much.

At home it was a quick shower for him, a snack, printing work for me, a snack with my husband and then bed for all of us.  Time to do it all again tomorrow, just insert football in the basketball slot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career