Up for Review

Today we had our first homeschool review of third grade.  The county reviews do not stress me out like they do alot of my other homeschool friends.  I have never had a bad experience in the thirteen years I have been doing them so I don't find them to be something to dread.

We got to the library around 9:15 with my daycare child and my son.  I had decided to leave my granddaughters with their other grandmother because they can be a bit of a handful, plus lugging all my gear for school and 3 little girls didn't seem like a lot of fun.

Our review was with a new gentleman and it ended up taking 30 minutes, about 20 minutes longer than it normally does.  Everything went well and he got a good review.  The gentleman was kind and engaging and my son was polite.

After the library we picked up the girls and they were both crying by the time I drove the 2 minutes home.  The next hour was hectic, getting 3 kids fed and the baby a bottle and all I managed to inhale was a bowl of 3 minute noodles.  I finally got the older two kids down for a nap and Dakota settled watching a movie and then, of course, the little one was screaming because if she's awake, she's hungry lol.

I did get about an hour of quiet, maybe a little less, before the 2 year old granddaughter decided she didn't need her normal three hour nap and a two hour one would suffice.  I am sleepy, wishing hard for a nap, but instead, I will wait for my daycare child to be picked up at three and then take my granddaughters to Walmart with me while I pick up a few things I need for our pot luck tomorrow.  .....No, wait, just got a text from the mom that she won't be picking her daughter up until 3:45, not 3:00.  Can't take all 3 girls and keep my sanity, so it will have to wait til after dinner.  Ugh.  It's cold and it's just going to get colder when the sun goes down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, COVID and Career

Senior Year

Last Week