They're Back!!

Today Dakota and I are back to homeschooling while doing daycare, but with a twist.  Not only do we have 2 1/2 year old Natalie, but we also have 6 week old Rebecca.  And next week we get 23 month old Brooke!

This morning the girls arrived just as we got back from taking our M/T before and after care friend to school and we all had some waffles before sending my daughter back to her job with the Howard County School System.  I put the baby in the swing at my feet and Natalie went to play with her toys while Dakota and I started our day.  He did his morning work and wrote in his journal about his playoff experience this weekend.  He did some spelling, math and language arts and then, while Natalie ran in and out from the deck, we started our I Survived:  The Sinking of the Titanic book.  We talked about plot, conflict and resolution, figurative language and flashbacks in a story.  We have the book downloaded on our Kindles so we read the first three chapters, stopping to discuss things, and then he answered the chapter questions and we wrote down what type of conflict was noted on example one and what the resolution was.

By this time the little one was crying because she was hungry and the older granddaughter was beginning a slow decline so I knew it was coming up on naptime.  I fed the little granddaughter then put her in her chair and put the older one in to bed.  While Dakota read her stories I made her bottle and she went right out.

Lunch for both my sons and I was, at least, uneventful, but while I craved a 1/2 hour of quiet, Dakota decided he didn't want to disappear into his room with a tv show, but wanted to be out here with me, asking a dozen questions.  Sigh.  We decided we would watch a Magic Schoolbus video to help wrap up our energy unit and just before we got in in, my mom and stepdad came.  Oh boy.  My stepfather and Dakota wrestled and teased and wound each other WAAAAY up and my mom HAD to hold Rebecca, so she was partially awake.

By the time they left I had to practically hogtie Dakota to get him back down to a quiet state and rock the baby to get her to sleep.  We did get in that quiet half hour while the movie was on and I got to check my Facebook and email while Dakota watched Mrs. Frizzle and rocked his baby niece.

Our afternoon will consist of a written review of our energy unit, Part II of Chapter 25 in Story of the World on Alexander the Great and the fetal development BrainPop video and definitions looked up in the dictionary.  This evening will see us having breakfast for dinner then I have to do some PCA work before I can read or do chores or plan for some co-op lists I need to make.  I look forward to Mondays for their regular pace and quiet nights.  I also look forward to 4:30 when my daughter comes to pick up the girls!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career

Last Week