Hitting the Ground Running

Today was an incredibly busy Monday.  I got my usual daycare baby at 7am and then got the house ready for the other daycare kids and the things ready for my summer campers.  We did breakfast at 9:15 and I left the house with the oldest two at 9:40 to take them to the craft class at Michaels Craft Store.  They were the only two since school is still in around that area, but they worked on the layers of the Earth, dinosaur fossils and fossils with clay.  Afterward, we stopped by the library to pick up a few books and then got a soda and headed home.

When we got home I put more water in the water table for the preschoolers and the babies were being fed.  The older two watched a show and then everyone had lunch.  We got the preschoolers and babies down for a nap and then it was time to start our weekly unit with the older kids.  We started a unit from History's Mysteries about Mother Goose.  We had a discussion about who Mother Goose actually was and I told them about the theories people have on who she may have been, if anyone real.  They thought learning about Mother Goose was for babies originally, but we moved from this discussion to asking questions about certain Mother Goose rhymes.  They both seemed to have forgotten all of them!  So they spent 20 minutes reading back and forth to each other from a Mother Goose book and then I left them with my daughter to work on naming the rhyme games while I picked up a friend and headed to a local hotel that was doing an Abeka Curriculum Fair.  I bought my son's math and spelling while my friend looked at what she needed then got her home and went back to the zoo....I mean house ;-).  The kids were now up and everyone wanted to get out the slip and slide.  Another friend came over with her four kids and they all suited up and had tons of fun on the slip and slide until it was time for everyone to go home.  I think it was a successful day, but this momma/nana/daycare provider is TIRED!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career