Let the Summer Fun Begin!

Whew!  What a fun week we had!  Dakota and I took a mother/son daytrip to Kings Dominion in Virginia on Monday.  We watched the BMX show, rode some rides, played some games and went to the water park.  Koda got a Bulls basketball and won a Mario stuffed doll.  We had another great mom/son experience and I loved the talking in the van on the ride down. He is his most wonderful self when it's just the two of us and I really enjoy him!

Tuesday we both needed a do nothing day.  I had the daycare kids, but we planned little and spend the day relaxing.  I let Dakota hang out in his room watching TV and playing video games all day and then we hung out together Tuesday night having dinner and watching baseball.

Wednesday we did normal daycamp things like playing board games, drawing and hanging outside.  We also dyed popcorn kernals for our craft on Friday and he went over his friends house to play basketball.

Thursday we took a daytrip to Nottingham, Pennsylvania with all the kids and did the Herr's Factory Tour.  We got to see how pretzels and potato chips were made then after buying a bunch of different kinds of chips in the store, we all went to a very nice park nearby for a picnic lunch and to let everyone get out some of their excess energy for the ride home.  We rode them by a pond to see the geese and were surprised by a deer who ran out in front of us.  Everyone had a great time and by the time they all woke up from naps my daycare day was over.

Friday was my husband's 45th birthday.  After taking the older kids to Michael's for a craft class, I took him to lunch at Olive Garden and then napped holding my 8 month old granddaughter in my arms.  Doesn't get better than that!  Then the hubby and I went to an Oriole's game, just the two of us.  We had great seats, laughed together and ate lots of food...well I did!  Hot dog, funnel cake, ice cream and a margarita!!  Looking forward to a fun Saturday with friends and a sleepover with our granddaughters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career