Unexpected Time Off

Today I thought that we would have a full house, but for one reason or another, I only had my son here and one baby boy.  We met my daughter and her friend and their 4 kids for a free movie in Arbutus, where my little granddaughter told me for the very first time that she loved me without me saying it first.  Usually I say "I love you, Natalie!" and she answers with a hug and "I wuf you , Nana!", but today when she got to the movie she snuggled into my lap and hugged me and told me first.  That little girl melts my heart!  She only made it through an hour of the movie before she got antsy, so we walked and talked and then went and cooled down the van for the others.  I am so lucky to be able to see her almost every day and to be able to watch her grow.

Now the house is quiet.  No preschoolers waking from naps or gradeschoolers doing packets.  There won't be the shriek of kids splashing in the slip and slide, but only the sound of the swing rocking the baby boys as he naps and the quiet hum of the air conditioner running full throttle on this 95 degree summer day.  I can live with that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, COVID and Career

Senior Year

Last Week