Happy Birthday, Dakota!



This is Dakota, my "baby", holding my baby granddaughter, Becca.  Today was his tenth birthday.  I can't believe he's so big!  Let me tell you a little about my boy....he is a tough guy with a tender heart.  Dakota has a quick temper and a smart mouth, but a passion for children and for those he loves.  He is close to his family and loves sports, video games and his nieces.  His love right now is Minecraft and he and I are going to be redoing his room in that theme in the coming weeks.

Today we invited our dearest friends, the Webers, to help us celerate.  Tyler, Evan and Zachary came by at ten and we all went to Shadowland, a great laser tag venue in Columbia, MD, where we met three more families and all eight kids played two rounds of laser tag.  They were loud, excited and sweaty!

After laser tag, two of the families joined the Webers and Dakota and I at Pizza Hut.  The kids had a blast together, talking and eating, while the moms enjoyed some chatting and a bit of quiet at our own table.  One of the many things that is great about homeschooled kids is the ability to easily incorporate kids of every age into their group as their "peers".  Yesterday's group consisted of seven boys, age 6 to 11 and one girl.  No one was left our and everyone was treated the same. 

When we got home I rocked a sick daycare baby in my lap until his mom picked him up then took the birthday boy out to GameStop to spend his birthday money.  He easily did, of course, on two DS Pokemon games, and still needed $3 from mom.  He had to go to football with dad last night and I had to run and pick up a few holds from the library.  I also picked up six novels to read in the next six weeks.  Hahahahahahahaha!!!  I can't find the time to read six novels in a year, but I brought them home anyway.  Dinner was again at 9pm then a little baseball watching in bed before crashing for the night.  Just another day in paradise, lol.
Happy Birthday, Dakota Matthew.  I hope your year of being ten is filled with fun and friends and love and laughter and that you continue to be strong and healthy and kind of heart.  I love you!

Comments

Unknown said…
Such a nice birthday post. I really like these party photos. My niece is also going to turn 4 and would like to host her birthday bash at one of event venues in NYC. She wants frozen theme for the party and now finding venues which allow it.

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career