Co-op Friends

Today we went to co-op and I was happy to see the ladies there who always make me feel better when things are particularly stressful at home.  I didn't have to teach a class so I was able to send Dakota into his classroom where he learned all about the state of Virginia and made cute museums out of paper and pictures.  At 10:45 all the kids from both age groups along with the younger siblings came upstairs to celebrate the Chinese New Year.  The kids had a great time jumping rope before we settled down and learned a bit about the reason for the celebration and found out which zodiac animal each of us was born under.  I gathered them around and read them the story of Henry and the Kite Dragon, which kept them all interested and quiet from start to finish.  To wrap up the fun we gave them red envelopes with candy and then helped them make a Chinese paper lanterns.  The kids had a great time and I was proud of the co-op that my friend and I envisioned and made happen.  Some of us stayed to have lunch and then everyone cleaned up and headed out about 1:00. 

Back at home the day is flying by and I have so much I want to do.  My dog is still not feeling well so there is a vet visit scheduled for him in the morning. I need to be at the Severna Park Racquet Club at 3:15 too.  I have to figure out when we can get our schoolwork in without causing too much of a distraction for Dakota.

Tonight I need to work, but all I really want to do is sit and watch tv.  I am behind, though, so I really need to get to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career