Taking It Easy

Today was supposed to be a busy day.  We had an early dermatologist appointment for Dakota's ever-returning wart and then co-op, errands and picking up Keri.  It's my one day of the week I don't have my granddaughter, usually, so I try to pack it all in.  Things didn't quite go as planned.  The dermatologist decided that Dakota needed to have his wart frozen off.  He warned this would be so cold it would feel like it was burning.  Dakota vowed to be brave....and then the process took place.  The poor kid screamed bloody murder, saying that it hurt.  The doctor smiled weakly at me and said "it really does".  Great.  We were supposed to leave there and arrive at our co-op late and Dakota had a report to do that he was more than ready for and eager to share.

My teary, sobbing boy and I leave the doctor and head to the car.  It is POURING outside.  UGH.  He is still crying hard when we get to the car and he steps in a huge puddle and it soaks his sock.  THEN I get a call from the teacher of the class...her car is broke down and she won't be there.  Oh my.  I decide then and there that this is not really going to be a good day if I continue on the path I am currently taking.  I make the executive decision to call it a day.  No more. I get tylenol out of my purse and give it to my son.  I contacted a friend at co-op to tell her we wouldn't be there.  I called my daughter to tell her I was picking her up early.  I did, and then I went home.  I let my spent little guy get in his comfiest pjs and climb under the covers and watch a movie.  In about 30 minutes he felt alot better, but he isn't very spunky and active.  It could be the weather.  It could be the trauma.  It doesn't matter.  I got my own comfy clothes on, pulled out the blanket and here I am.  Thank goodness for good friends who can take up the slack, soft pjs and warm blankets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, COVID and Career

Senior Year

Last Week