Women

This has been a week of visits and gatherings and I have spent time with people who have made me feel better about myself and who have allowed me to breath, relax and take time off from my very busy schedule.

On Tuesday, my sister Debbie, whom I haven't seen for more than an hour in six months, came over with her grandson and we hung out for the day, ordering Chinese for lunch and chatting on the deck.  She watched my granddaughter while I went with my oldest to see her 20 week sonogram and then when I returned, we went to dinner with my niece and my sister's best friend and both of my niece's children.  We had crabs, a crab pretzel and bread pudding.  The conversation was excellent.  The food great and the chance to just relate to other women, priceless.

On Wednesday, my co-op had their end of year picnic at the park across from my house.  As always, the children played really well together, leaving us moms to chat about our lives and to plan for our next co-op year.  The ladies in this group are incredibly giving and kind, always easy to be yourself around and I never fail to feel accepted and included when I leave.

Thursday one of my very best friends brought her children over for a visit.  I love her visits because they don't include much of anything (besides a taco lunch and a diet Dr.Pepper) and that's what's best about it.  We sit, we chat, we eat, we laugh and sometimes we cry.  The kids play, they run, they laugh and they fight, but at the end of the visit my soul feels stronger and I am always thankful to have her and her children in my life.

It may be weeks, most likely months before I have another week where I connect with so many women who nurture my life the way they have this week, but what they give me is enough to sustain me until that time.  Every woman needs a sister, or a friend who is like a sister, and every woman needs a group of women they can relate to.  Every woman also needs one or two "besties" who they can completely let go around, and I am fortunate to have all of those things in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career