Some days it's little more than cheating...

I had high hopes for today, but unfortunately, some days it's just not in the cards to have a good homeschooling day.  I had to work early so I allowed Dakota some time on the computer to play a new hidden object game...about the Amazon.   Okay, that's somewhat on topic, but I'll just add it as computer time.  Then, as I finished my work, my boss called and asked me to research going from our current microcassette system to a new digital one.  This would be very beneficial to me, not having to drive in to the Lutherville office every week, so I had Dakota sit down and watch Magic School Bus, All Dried Up about the desert for science.  I planned on doing several things after that, but the research for work wasn't going at all well and I was on hold on the phone for an IT company.  I drug out two "children of the world" pictures from his Around the World binder that he had not colored and had him do those.  Still not finished the research!  Now Dad was home for lunch so we took a "break".  Stuck Dakota in the recliner in the livingroom and we watched Up, which visits South America, while I was on hold and on my laptop. Finally got everything in motion for work and went to start school and it was time to stop and pick up my other son.  Sigh.  I was definitely not anyone's idea of a good homeschooling mommy today.  This is not how I recommend you spend your day BUT, some days are like that.  I booked a little time in the record book, and maybe the MSB was legitimate, but I still felt like I was cheating and I'll be glad when tomorrow comes so I can make amends.  (Oh, and after all that...the boss cancelled the change to digital!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career