Wishes do come true

I spent alot of time over the last several months making wishes.  "I wish my pregnant daughter could be home so I could watch her grow".  "I wish I knew when the baby would come so I could be sure to be there".  "I wish these weeks would go fast so my daughter can bring the baby home to visit".  I wish it were the end of July so my daughter and granddaughter would be in my life every day". 
Currently it is the end of August and as I look down into the face of my three month old granddaughter and she smiles right back at me, I realize that my wishes have been coming true!  The days are here that I have longed for and I don't have to wish anymore!

I remember not so very long ago I would sit on the swing, drinking my morning coffee and wishing that I could spend my mornings holding my granddaughter and chatting with my son...and now I do!  I wished for Sunday dinners with the family all together and...now I have them (almost...still waiting on daughter #2's return).  I am happy that I am now at the point that I can wake up in the morning and get a special delivery...my little granddaughter arrives at 8am.  I get to feed her and play with her and make her smile each and every day.  Each day is a fresh start, waiting to see what she will do next.  Thank goodnesses that some wishes really do come true!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career