Wow! What a Day!

I am, by nature, a busy person and I tend to pack each day full of activity.  I usually am quite confident that I can handle what I line up, but last night I lost sleep because I was squeezing so much into the day that I wasn't at all confident that I would actually be able to pull it off! 

At 8am my little granddaughter, Natalie, came to her Nana's house for the first of many days together as her mommy goes back to work.  My daughter was very torn at leaving her baby all day for the first time and my heart went out to her.  At least she knows she is leaving her with someone who loves her almost as much as her mommy does!  I also had another "daycamper" return today for one last hurrah before Anne Arundel County Schools return tomorrow. 

Natalie played with her Poppy and I, gracing us with gummy smiles and silly faces until about 8:30 before falling asleep in her swing.  My son and his buddy were playing and I started to get ready for my homeschool cooperative meeting that I had planned for here at the house at 10am.  My husband was so very sweet to take the day off and do the lawn and make the yard presentable for my guests since the rain made that impossible yesterday and my older son ran some errands and schlepped out a few chairs and a cooler for me.  Ten familes and about 20 children arrived right on time and, while the kids played tag, wrestled, played on the playground in our yard and sat on blankets and colored or built with block, the adults nailed out the final details for the classes we will be teaching and attending with our children in a few short weeks.  I realized again how lucky I am to have found these wonderful ladies and I am looking forward to them being a weekly staple in my life.  They are all devoted parents and warm individuals and they are a definite bonus to my day!

My biggest challenge came about 12:30, just as the last of our guests left.  Natalie woke up and needed to be fed, the boys and my husband were also starving and my boss was calling to have an emergency report dictated.  I took a deep breath, appeased the boss, fed the baby and finally got the hungry boys and men in the house taken care of.  After that, the baby played for awhile and that sweet little darling napped again from 2 to 5:30!!  I know that this was an exception for her and not the rule, but today was sure a good day for it.  I spent the afternoon cleaning up the outside, edging the lawn and breaking up scuffles between the two young boys. 

My husband and older son left for football practice at 2:00 and one my oldest and dearest friends came over at 4:00 for conversation and dinner.  It's so nice to be able to sit down and unwind with someone who has known you since you were eight years old and has been there through it all ever since.  You don't have to fill her in or give many details...she already knows and she still loves you!  I enjoyed every minute of our night, especially watching her play with my granddaughter.  She has a granddaughter of her own, as well.  I wonder how that happened :-)  Weren't we just preteens eating oreos and drinking Kool-Aid, watching Tom and Jerry at my Dad's house?  How in the world can we be grandmoms??? LOL

Well, here it is almost 11pm.  I am still working on my PCA files.  I'm exhausted and have my granddaughter and my great niece coming early tomorrow morning.  I guess I'd better get back to business.  Today was a full one, but I need not have worried.  I squeezed alot in, but I accomplished alot to, and tomorrow is another day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career