Getting to Know Natalie



In the past few day that I have spent with my granddaughter, officially twelve weeks old today, she has started to recognie me and to play silly games.  When she looks at me now, I can see the recognition. 
"Oh hey!  There's Nana!  I know her!" she seems to be saying.  I'm usually graced with a big, gummy smile and she follows me with her eyes, watching to see what I will do.  I even got her to laugh out loud for the first time on Monday.  It wasn't a belly laugh, by far, but a sweet little breathy giggle that melted my heart.  Today when she came to visit, I sat her on my lap, or she stood on my belly, and we played the "stick your tongue out" game.  I do it.  She grins and tries.  I do it again and she manages to poke the tip of hers out and grins again.  I do it once more and she gets the whole darned tongue right out there.  She sparkles, knowing she is doing something wonderful.  She coos more and she seems more entertained by the goofy grandmom things I do for her.  What a joy to be able to be with her everyday now and watch as she grows.  She's filled out nicely and is a little "tubby, tubby" as her mommy calls her.  She has rolls on her legs and a few chins.  Her hair is reddish brown and fine, but she has alot of it.  Her eyes are an incredible shade of blue and she loses me in them when I rock her and she stares at me.  I don't know what I would do if I had to send her away again now.  I am thankful every day that she is here for good and I count my lucky stars that I didn't miss too much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career