Friends, Friends, 1-2-3....

Today started out with me oversleeping because I had bad dreams all night when I actually did get any sleep about the nightmares from Rise of the Guardian movie stealing my granddaughter away.  When I was just staring at the ceiling I was worried about my travel consultant business and the commitment I made to do my first trip that I am not sure is going to be successful.

After waking late I had to rush to get out the door on time to take Koda to VBS, only to realize I had no money, no gas and no key to the truck to see if it had gas instead of my car. I had to call my husband to meet me with money, had to get gas and then hit traffic and every red light and was 20 minutes late for VBS and 20 minutes late for my breakfast date with my girlfriend.  She was kind enough to meet at my house and bring me a Dunkin Donut muffin and after sending in another report to work that they couldn't find, I finally got to sit down and chat and it sure did feel good.  There is something to be said for a lifelong friendship.  We don't get together very often, but we know each other's life history, the strengths, the weaknesses, the spouses, the kids, the stories.  We have been friends since the fourth grade and here we are, turning 48 this year, and still as close as ever.

My friend went with me to pick up Dakota and we had another 30 minutes where we had some lunch and chatted some more before we both had to leave because life was calling.  I felt so much lighter, though, after our visit, with this morning's worries and lateness a thing of the past.  I really do need to do this more often.  Men need men bonding time and ladies need other ladies in their life who have been there and done that and understand where you are coming from.  Having history together just makes it better.  Thanks for being my friend, Leigh.  I treasure every minute.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career

Senior Year