Today we had one boy and one girl for daycamp, plus Dakota.  They got to play their Kindle Fires for a little while this morning then came out to breakfast.  They attempted badmitton, but it is over 100 degrees today and between the heat and the bickering, that didn't last 5 minutes.  While they were out, I split up the large pile of water balloons I had filled recently and gave them each a bowl with 12 balloons.  They each made Angry Bird faces on theirs, an idea I found on www.notimeforflashcards.com, and then went outside with sidewalk chalk to draw 3 pigs on the driveway.  They then took their water balloons out and had a contest, keeping score on the sidewalk, to see who could get the most points hitting the pigs.  This lasted a much shorter time than I anticipated!  I got them to clean up by telling them that when every balloon piece was picked up they could get on their bathing suits.  Of course that was incentive to clean up quickly and they got into their suits and jumped into the pool.  I took down the curtains on the back door and, sissy that I am, sat inside and watched them play for an hour and a half.  When they had jumped themselves dry on the trampoline it was time for them to come in and eat lunch.  I laid out blankets and pillows for watching the Tooth Fairy, but the DVD skipped and it was short lived.  Now they are back in the room on their Kindles, but it's only 1:00  and I still have 3 hours for one and 4 1/2 hours for the other.  I sure do wish this heat wave would break!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career