A Frobscottle Toast

Today was a day that I was sure my son and at least one of the day camp girls was out to get me.  My son went to bed late and was up before me, so I knew I was doomed.  I took them to run some errands after breakfast, picking up a freecycled batch of games for them to play, and then brought them back to roll out sugar cookie dough at the table and make people cookies for our book club meeting this afternoon.  This didn't turn out to be the most fun activity for me, but they had a blast and kept sneaking pieces of cookie dough when they thought I wasn't looking lol.  

After lunch, hot dogs for National Hot Dog day!, they watched part of a movie and then we headed to the library to get the room ready and wait for our friends in installment three of the Roald Dahl Summer Book Club.  This week's selection was The B.F.G. (Big Friendly Giant) and it was full of jibberish and nonsense words that were fun for the kids.  We started out reviewing the book and then brought up character traits, which we had talked about with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory previously.  We moved on to similes and metaphors and finished our paperwork with acronyms.  Then each of the kids got a paper with a photocopy of a jar and they drew a dream in the jar.  They then decoupaged a jar to make a "dream jar" to hold their paper dream  Afterward, we had a snack of snozzcumbers and human beans (banana shaped cookies and people shaped cookies) and we had a toast with Frobscottle.  Our Frobscottle was cream soda colored green.  It, like the drink in the book, was vanilla flavored and very bubbly.  In the book, the bubbles all go down and then you "whizzpop", which I am sure you can figure out!  I didn't want any real Whizzpopping, so after our toast, we all clinked plastic cups and drank our Frobscottle and then stomped hard on a piece of bubble wrap to get out all their bubbles.  They thought this was great fun!  Our final task was to line up at the starting line and take a giant stride and have it measured and tabulated.  They cheated some, but enjoyed this alot, as well.  We wrapped it up at 3:00, headed home so the kids could swim for an hour, I fed my family dinner, sent the girls home and off we went to football.  Another night on the field.  Night two of.......there is no sense in counting!  It's alot!  But I am looking forward to the great ride I am sure we are going to take together as a family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, COVID and Career

Senior Year

Last Week