Is the Weekend Really Over????

This weekend was so busy it flew by and I find myself sitting in my chair on Sunday night at 8:30 knowing I have a busy week ahead and feeling as if I haven't even wound down from the week that was.  Yesterday I was up early and grocery shopping, which for me, is an every other week, more than half a day chore.  I dropped my son off early to my mother in law and picked him up around 2:30.  I tried to squeeze in some of my PCA work, clean the pool, fix the filter and get some chores down before  the husband and I got crabs to celebrate having been together as a couple for 24 years and watched a movie with our eight year old.  Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs isn't gourmet fare, but it was fun and we enjoyed it.

Sunday dawned early and we had to be out the door by 9:15 for a four hour football camp that my husband had set up and that my son was participating in at Archbishop Curley.  It was hot, although not as hot as the previous seven days have been, and I was able to find a tree to sit under.  I read some magazines and played with a toddler that was there, but four hours is a loooooong time.  When we got home I finished my PCA folders, put steak on the grill, made some squash, corn and pasta on the stove and my mother in law and the family had a nice dinner.  We all cleaned up, watched a few innings of the Oriole game and here I am, thinking of football M/T/W/T/F nights this week. Daycamp M/T/F, homeschool planning that needs doing, floors that need scrubbing, packets and crafts that need to come together for tomorrow....Oh, and don't forget the dog food!  And so life moves on.....always busy, never boring.  Looking forward to fall and routine and cool mornings perfect for coffee on the deck.  Summer is most definitely not my favorite time of year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career