Date night

Last night my husband and had a date.  This doesn't happen often this time of year when time is short, work is piled up and football is in full swing.  We used to go to the Ravens games all the time many years ago, but when our older son got to be 7 or 8 it became the thing to do for father and son and I rarely went.  Then, as the son got to be a teen, I was no longer enough fun to take to the games.  I didn't yell loud enough or often enough, wouldn't paint crazy things on my skin or tolerate stupid behavior from intoxicated people. So I stayed home and really, I didn't mind.  The little son came along and he and I hang out on Sundays, although he's starting to want a little more fair sharing of the tickets!  So anyway, last night my husband asked me to go on a date with him to the Sunday nght game at M&T Bank Stadium between the Ravens and the Jets.  He even made reservations at Nick's Fish House for appetizers and we arrived at 5:00 and had cream of crab soup and a crab pretzel while we enjoyed a drink and some wonderful conversation.  When my husband is tuned in he is wonderful company.  I enjoy being with him and he has always been able to make me laugh.  After our appetizers we parked his truck at his BGE office and he took me inside to see his cubby of an office where he does his thing when he's not on the road.  It was tiny and sparse, but I could see how it was just the kind of place he would like.  No frills.  Just the things he needed.

Our walk to the stadium was dotted by friends, co-workers and acquaintences of my husband.  We finally got inside about 7 and found our seats, which were FABULOUS, just 20 rows off the field.  We got something to eat and drink and settled in.  I completely enjoyed the game.  It had been so long since I had been there and it is a beautiful stadium that is pulsing with energy.  The only less than perfect part of the night was that my husband felt progressively worse from a cold or bad allergies and he finally called it a night half way through the fourth quarter. 

Today he took off of work and I cancelled homeschooling.  He slept in, but I had my granddaughter so it has been a long day.  I did get some winterizing and decluttering done around my son and granddaughter's schedules but I had so much more I wanted to do.  This week is a slow one, however, so I wll just try to keep plugging along and see what I have accomplished by Friday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career