Hurray! I can post again!

I have been trying for the past week to post and I couldn't get the site to cooperate.  I couldn't type in the boxes at all and it was frustrating, especially since my life just now changes as the wind blows, good and bad, hectic and calm, tumultuous and harmonious.

On Tuesday of last week we had our first homeschool day at the Maryland Science Center.  I took my daughter, Keri, with us so there would be a set of hands available for both young ones.  Keri and Dakota went into the planetarium together and I knew that Dakota was really going to enjoy it this time, because we have been studying the stars and he has been very "into" how they form and learning about the constellations.  Natalie and I went upstairs to the Kids Room and spent a good bit of time in the Toddler Room, where it is blocked in and all the young moms are sitting on the floor, most of them chasing a toddler and pregnant with another, chatting about things young mothers chat about.  I felt wistful in a way to know that this part of my life was over.  I so enjoyed it.  But here I was with my willful little granddaughter and she was having a great time.  A little later I made the mistake of taking her out to the big part and she found the large water table, but she would not, of course, wear the smock to stay dry.  This did not go well and did not last long and I had to haul her out and bring her back to the toddler room, where she promptly threw herself on the floor and had a tantrum.  I watched calmly, having been there and done that many, many times, and when I thought she had gotten it together I redirected her to the toys and kids.  Her mood was foul, however, and she was mean and nasty to the others, so we had to make our departure.  When we met up with Keri and Dakota we decided to switch kids and I took Dakota back up to the Kids Room.  I pointed out that the sign on the door said "Ages 0 to 8" and that this was his last year there.  MISTAKE on my part.  He was crushed.  We were in front of the submarine that he loves so much and he just sat next to me, lip trembling, tears welling up in his eyes, and said he was just too big.  I convinced him that he could go in, but when he did, he kept bumping his head on the ceiling and all the other kids were little.  He hung his head and said it was time to go.  My poor little guy is growing up :-(

Tuesday night we kept Natalie so her mommy could go to the Orioles game.  She went with Dakota and I to his baseball game and she was pretty good, watching her "aaah pooooood" and walking around saying hello to all the people.  Dakota played very well again.  He is in control of his body now like never before and he's enjoying the new found coordination and skill level.  I very hesitantly agreed to let her stay the night since her mom wasn't getting home til 11pm and she had to be back here by 8am, but in the past, little miss Natalie has never done sleeping here at night.  This night, however, she was an angel, not waking once.  I am very pleased with that because I would like to give her mom a break sometime, but sleep isn't something I do very well without anymore.  Must be getting old!!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, COVID and Career

Senior Year

Last Week